Running Log 2012

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

the value of professional help

Doc: So what you got going on today?

Me: I just don't feel right. It's hard to describe.

Doc: try anyway. What's eating you?

Me: I've got these running buddies you see. They are really getting on my last nerve. I haven't run since Monday morning now.

Doc: So you're irritable? Look. You're going to have to be more specific if you want me to help you.

Me: OK Doc. You ever hear the real story behind that whole pine tar bat thing with George Brett in 83?

1 comment:

  1. It's certainly true that some shorts work and others don't. These days I alternate two pairs, neither of which is a true running short. I wear them for the fit, and the pockets.

    Sadly, they aren't what they used to be. Crime against nature comes to mind, thanks to the ravages of sweat, sun, and time. So far the holes are limited to "discreet" areas.

    But if you ever read about an Iowa geezer being arrested for indecent exposure, you'll know what happened!

    ReplyDelete