Running Log 2012

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

how many miles does it take to wear out a pair of Nike Pegasus 27 running shoes?

We may never know. Today I slipped into a slightly worn pair of racing flats and went out for my three miles. It just felt like the thing to do. The three turned into four and it felt great the whole time. At the end it seemed more like flying than running. This is why birds sing I suppose.

How many miles can you put on a pair Piranhas? Well, four more than they had before; I don't keep score so well. Or over a thousand if you believe in Texas tall tales. If you'd like, you can return this word problem as a math sentence and I'll give it to my twelve year old to solve. She'll work it joyfully with one of the finest writing instuments to ever make it into a coffee filter.

1 comment:

  1. If a runner logs 1,042 miles with 4.6 ounce shoes, how many miles is that per ounce?

    Mo says lay off the Ticonderogas. They barely make enough for her. Don't know if she meant for drawing or drinking.

    ReplyDelete