Running Log 2012

Thursday, August 18, 2011

striking a blow for fiscal sanity

The Mexican restaurant I frequent for lunch has on the menu one chicken taco for $1.69. It also has three chicken tacos for $4.69. I always get the three. But three is really more than I need and I always feel too full after lunch. And one is just not enough.

So here's what I did. I observed that there appears to be no rule against ordering two menu items. I ordered two tacos, the girl brought two tacos, I ate two tacos and I paid for two tacos. With the money I saved, I left a more generous tip than custom would dictate.

The world is a better place right now. And I feel fine.

2 comments:

  1. I feel greatly influenced and persuaded. Perhaps I will stop buying three shoes at a time since I only seem to need two.

    Rats. It's 4 a.m. and I want a taco. Now I wish you had that third one ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a generous person :)
    Now I feel kind of guilty for going through the drive through and only ordering off the dollar menu, or getting hot dogs at Costco and not tipping.

    ReplyDelete