Running Log 2012

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

i had a nice run today

and there haven't been very many nice ones lately. Still trying to get the foot to loosen up and cooperate. But today it behaved. It felt perfect in my MT101's. So I ran and it was good.

The sun was out. The temperature was rising but hadn't peaked yet. I ran to a rhythm. I ran to a beat. 180 beats per minute to be precise. My steps were short. I kept my feet under me and concentrated on posture and balance and beats and pushing off and the feel throughout my legs and swing of my arms. I didn't see anyone on foot. A lineman drove by and waved and I waved back. I didn't care about my pace. I ran at a comfortable pace but tried to maitain a consistent effort.

Today was a nice run. A workout. None of my runs have been workouts lately. Just trying to run is all. Without hurting. Today was no hurt. Today was joy. And now I'm a little stiff and a little sore like you should be after a good run. I had a nice run today.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to be running at all, especially when it can be "nice", :)

    ReplyDelete